Saturday, March 21, 2009

Oh Moving...What a Joy!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...
First off I would like to apologize for it being so long since my last post. So much has been going on including a wedding and now moving to a new place.


The wedding...
WONDERFUL! and beautiful. It did teach me a bit about myself and my need to learn to go with the flow a bit better. My new husband has taught me that and I thank him. After all the planning including me drawing out the floor plans, color schemes and centerpieces for the most perfect location ever (anal I know, thank you mother)...the weather man gets in his report. The forecast calls for rain, rain and more rain mixed with huge winds. Our northern friend Georgia was getting flooding and the storm was heading our way...for that Saturday, the day of the wedding.


What is a girl to do? Move the wedding the day before to a new location. With a tiny mention of the cost being 20 times what our original location cost (no kidding) and this location needing 12 people working 3 hours each and a truckload of cleaning supplies and a pressure washer, a best man forgetting the ring, a leaning cake and everything going wrong that could possibly go wrong...the wedding turned out beautiful. My old and new family and a slew of our friends banded together and got everything pulled together in time. And in the end of it all the most important thing about that night was me getting to marry the man of my dreams. All that bad stuff just melted away and we had a wonderful night together. I also got spanked with a saber, had a chicken pulled out from under my dress and danced in a conga line. Doesn't that happen at everyone else's weddings? And did I mention...not a drop of rain came from the sky. It was a beautiful night.

Fast forward a few weeks and our lease is up and it is time to move. The new place is absolutely awesome. It is so much better than the old one since it doesn't have the huge stairs to go up to get to it. That will be wonderful when it comes to walking the dog. I hope my legs look as wonderful at this place as they did at the old one. It is a great rental, close to the beach and newly remodeled. I am so excited. And then...I turn around from this computer and I see the boxes stacked to the ceiling.

I ask myself why the heck do I put myself through this. Moving sucks. The place rocks, but the process of moving downright sucks. I wouldn't have been able to do it all without the help of my family and friends again. I am so lucky to have these people in my life.

Rewind a day and you would find me unpacking some of the boxes last night and me being the smart person I am, decide that it would be fun to camp out in the new place, even though I don't have a bed yet. Floor? Ha, the floor can't bother me. I am made of steel and I have my favorite pillow. A quilt and my pillow should be juuuust fiiiine.

I am stupid. I am stupid. I am stupid. Let me repeat...I am stupid. Who sleeps on the floor voluntarily anymore...well except my husband but he is unique and says it helps his back. I still love him though. I have learned my lesson and won't be doing that again. 2am called for me remembering I had a new airbed in the closet and a battery operated pump. So in the weeee hours of the morning I attempted to open all this packaging, figure out which way the batteries go in the pump and to inflate this mattress. Let me fill you in that I was to tired to get up and turn on the light, so I used my cell phone as my flashlight. Smart cookie here. Right? Don't answer that. Realizing that the pump was sucking air out of the mattress instead of inflating it, I gave up and went back to the floor. Stupid pump, stupid pump, stupid pump.

So give me a few days and a bed to sleep in and I have a feeling after the boxes are gone I will have a renewed sense of myself and my creative juices will be flowing again. It has killed me not being able to pick up my beading supplies since Christmas. I am hoping to do a show with my beading buddy Heather in May and I cannot wait!

So hang tight. I will be back soon and giving you more things to laugh at with me.

Have a great weekend everyone. I am off to find out why my TV remote is hiding with my pajamas. That's what you get when everyone helps you pack. (I am still super thankful)

Tell me your moving funnies.

No comments: